Online video streaming is one of the most popular ways we use our electronic devices (laptop, desktop, phone, tablet) these days. If you are in the market for a used or refurbished Mac, you probably want to make sure it is compatible with websites such as Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu. All 2009 and newer Macs are compatible with the version of Adobe Flash Player currently required to watch videos on those sites. However, if you are looking at an older Mac, the information below will help you determine if it is compatible.
The current version of Adobe Flash Player requires a Mac with the following specifications:
• Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
• Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, or later
• Latest version of Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Opera
• 512MB of RAM; 128MB of graphics memory
Here is a list of models that support OS X Mavericks:
• iMac (Mid-2007 or later)
• MacBook (13-inch Aluminum, Late 2008), (13-inch, Early 2009 or later)
• MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid-2009 or later), (15-inch, Mid/Late 2007 or later), (17-inch, Late 2007 or later)
• MacBook Air (Late 2008 or later)
• Mac Mini (Early 2009 or later)
• Mac Pro (Early 2008 or later)
All models that support OS X Mavericks meet the current Adobe Flash Player requirements. Unfortunately, models not listed above are no longer compatible. If you have any specific questions about an Apple product and its functionality, feel free to reach out to us. We are more than happy to help match you with one that fits your needs.