Should You Purchase a Warranty?
When someone is ready to purchase a new or used Apple computer, a question that often arises is whether or not you should purchase a warranty for the machine. Even though Apple products are known for their superior build quality and reliability, they are still susceptible to the occasional hardware defect. Hardware failures, while rare, can happen at anytime, even with a new machine. That is why it is often best to purchase an extended warranty on both new and pre-owned computers.
One of the most well-known warranty plans is Apple's AppleCare program. Apple's standard warranty covers all Apple hardware for 1 year from the date of purchase as well as 90 days of complimentary phone technical support. AppleCare extends your coverage from 1 year to 3 years as well as including some additional services.
- AppleCare is available for MacBooks, MacBook pros, MacBook Airs, iMacs, Mac Pros, iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, Apple Displays, and Apple TVs.
- By purchasing AppleCare, you extend both the hardware coverage and free phone support to a total of 3 years.
- Hardware that is covered under the warranty includes the physical computer, the battery, any accessories included by Apple, the original Apple brand memory (RAM) chips, as well as support for any Apple branded software.
- AppleCare can only be purchased on a machine within 1 year of the original purchase date.
Apple is not the only company that has a warranty program for their machines. Our company, mac of all trades, is one of the few retailers who provide warranties on used and refurbished Apple products.
- All of our products include a industry leading 90 day warranty, along with a 7 day hassle-fee return policy.
- We also offer 1 and 2 year extended warranty plans for our Apple laptops, desktops, displays, and iOS devices.
- Our warranty covers all of the non-consumable hardware and components included with the machine.
Computers and mobile devices play an increasingly vital role in our lives, and for many have become a necessity. Without a warranty you can get stuck with expensive and lengthy repairs that leave you without a device. As any machine gets older, the chance for something to go wrong increases. Apple and mac of all trade's warranties ensure quick and convenient support for any issues that may arise. With items of such importance, it is critical that one has the peace of mind and protection that a warranty provides.